This delicious salad is a rainbow of color, nutrients, and vitamins. A joy to share on a balmy Sunday morning out on the deck.
- 2 1/2 cups coconut or vanilla-flavored whole-milk kefir ( I use coconut)
- 1/2 bunch mint, chiffonade or diced
- 1/2 bunch mint, picked leaves
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe pieces
- 1 cup diced honeydew pieces
- i cup peaches or apricots, sliced
- 1 cup diced plum
- 1 medium pomegranate, seeded
- 2 medium kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium mango, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Pinch of Maldon sea salt
- In a bowl, stir together the Kefir, chopped mint, and lime juice.
- Pour the Kefir mixture onto a large platter with a slight lip.
- In the same bowl, mix all of the fruit, 1/4 cup of the sesame oil, and any leftover Kefir clinging to the bowl.
- Loosely arrange the fruit on top of the Kefir mixture.
- Drizzle the fruit with the remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil, sprinkle with the picked mint leaves, and sprinkle evenly with the salt.
You can substitute 3/4 cup plain yogurt thinned thinned with 1/4 cup milk to replace the Kefir.
Add in 1/4 cup poppy seeds in with the Kefir.
Add in or replace any of the fruits with these fruits, remember to take out seeds and or pits
Be adventurous add in add in some avocado or any other more mysterious fruits.