A refreshing summer salad that comes together quickly so that you can bask in the praise at your next summer BBQ.
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/2 c fresh raspberries, smashed into a paste
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons good quality olive oil or avocado oil oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 (6-7 ounce) bag or carton baby spinach (about 6-7 cups).
- 2 cups (1 pint) stemmed and sliced strawberries or blueberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (can substitute goat feta).
- Combine both types of vinegar, oil, honey, Dijon mustard, chives, salt and pepper in a mason jar with a lid(or something that can be sealed).
- Shake vigorously to blend (be sure honey doesn’t stick to bottom).
- Alternatively add ingredients, except oil, into a medium bowl begin to whisk. Consistently and slowly drizzle in oil until emulsified.
- Put spinach, sliced fruit, pecans into bowl and toss
- On top off salad add the goat cheese in small pieces on top of salad
- Pour over salad right before serving and toss.
- Any leftover dressing can be stored for up to 2 weeks in a sealed container in the fridge.
You could make the dressing in a food processor or blender if you prefer a smoother dressing.
Try using other types of berries or fruits like
Alternatively you could use a baby spring mix instead of only spinach.